I hope your day is going on well and even if its not, I have good news for you!!. The good news is that tomorrow is going to be much better so don’t worry about today’s ordeal (with heavy traffic, an annoying boss or over-heating car, that betrayal of a friend, NEPA’s wahala, fuel queue and all those things that upset us during the course of the day) because no amount of worrying, wailing or bemoaning can change the fact that what happened has already happened or even change the situation (neither can it add a cubit to your stature (paraphrasing Matthew 6:27 and Luke 12:25). So, why worry when you can go and have some pizza, ice-cream or your favourite pounded yam and oha soup or even just tell these concerns to your heavenly father, God(trust me, it works 100%). It is sure better than bemoaning 🙂
So, today, I will be sharing with you 20 random facts about me. You get to know and see some of them when you meet me for the first time, some as we get along and some you may never get to know if I don’t mention them.
So, I’ll like you to meet them.
1. I am super secretive. One simple question from you and you get only a few clues(from what I tell you) or none at all.
2. I have never had long and full hair at the same time. Its either a bit long and very scanty, chopping off or burned with relaxer or its full, black and short. Its just never long and full at the same time. I struggled with loss of hair for quite a while. My present hair should be one the longest in a very long while (gbadura fun mi).
3. I like using the word “ as in ehn”. You would mostly hear it when I’m on “high-frequency gisting”.
4. I love drama so much, especially stage plays. They are just so awesome.
5. I engage in a lot of impulsive buying even when it involves make-up(and you would think that “this girl has all money in the world”, mean while my bank account may be showing one of the rainbow colours (red-empty).
6. I’m such a talkative. That doesn’t make me a wonderful public speaker oo. I just like expressing myself from the shy, little, naive, anxiety-filled girl that I used be back in primary and secondary school.
7. I like singing for as long as my spare time can take but that doesn’t mean I can go and sing at project fame or The voice, Nigeria (its just a no…no).
8. I like repeating instances of my life over and over again, whether to the same people I told or a new set of people (but I sure do it over and over again).
9. If I love a particular song or I have just learnt it, I would sing that song till thy kingdom come. You would wonder if I still know any other song except that song I have been singing or playing on a device every day and repeatedly during the day.
10. Sometimes, I feel my hand-writing is good but at other times you really dont want to set your eyes on it. You wouldnt be very glad.
11. I love my “alone” time. Its one of my most precious times in the world!!!.
12. I look very quiet, gentle and calm when you first meet me but when you get to know me you would see a talent of talkativeness in addition to the fact that I can disturb like “no man’s business”.
13. My favourite scriptures are Hebrews 4:16, Proverbs 3:5-6, Phillipians 4:8-9 and I recently fell in love with Jeremiah 32:27. It helps me trust God whole-heartedly in any situation I find myself in.
14. I love visiting people though I dont do it so often. I’m not such an outgoing type, so when I go visiting, its such a wonderful experience.
15. I love babies. I can be winking to a baby, smiling and trying to play even if the baby is on one side of the road while I am across, or even in the bus, even if the baby is on a different seat from mine.
16. I cant deceive “myself”, no matter how hard I try. I know what’s good, true or right, so I cant be deceiving myself and giving myself false hope or information that “I know” is not true or real.
17. I always find solace in God. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are by and in me always. They are with you too. They are the only ones that can always understand our tears and worries and they sure wont leave you with the worries and tears. They cure your broken heart. You need to speak to them today (at least one of them).
18. I love the combination of akara(kose), bread and custard. I also love Ewa Agoyin(Ewa-G.) and bread. My favourite soup is groundnut soup(edo people understand the groundnut part) and I can eat it with just any swallow.
19. I love weddings specifically because of the colours of asoebi, ankara, gele, hairstyles, turbans, shoes, bags and makeup. The colours are just so lovely especially if I like the colours that were used or they are just simply good-looking.
20. “Respect” and “love” are my watch words.
Finally, I love you but Jesus loves you more and God bless you.
Mimics a 10 year old girl with a tiny but confident voice “and with these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to make you happy”.
So, my dear readers, I hope you all enjoyed it. Thank you so much for reading. God bless you.
Please, feel free to comment below and also subscribe. I would love to know my readers. 🙂